Major headlines from the SBF proposal include crypto being regulated by the CFTC and Bitcoin and Ethereum being classed as commodities.
The CFTC says Ooki DAO offered illegal commodity transactions and engaged in activities that require it to register with the regulator.
FTX has hired Jill Sommers as Sam Bankman-Fried continues his push for the CFTC to replace the SEC as crypto’s primary regulator.
A new senate bill would see the CFTC regulate crypto instead of the SEC, amid a petition to oust Gary Gensler as chairman.
- A look at Jump Crypto and its shady past
- We watched every SBF interview so you don’t have to
- Jump Crypto ties to FTX and Solana put Robinhood users at risk
- Political donations won’t save Bankman-Fried from investigation
- Can FTX tokenize its own bankruptcy?
- CZ on brink of second bailout for crypto
- Bahamian rhapsody: FTX users exploit loophole to withdraw crypto
- How the battle between Binance and FTX went from bad to worse
- This tool suggests Bitcoin was the wrong bet for Michael Saylor