Crypto exchange Binance was majorly fined by the CFTC — but a senior commissioner says it should serve as a cautionary tale and not the norm.
The CFTC has racked up 47 cases of crypto related crime in 2023, up from 18 cases last year, with over $4 billion in penalties.
Changpeng Zhao (CZ) has denied the CFTC’s claims that Binance was operating an illegal trading shop… how much longer can he keep this up?
The CFTC has sued Binance and CZ for failure to register, AML failures, illegal derivatives, and allowing US-based people to use it.
The CFTC wants a judge to rule in its favor after Ooki DAO failed to respond to a lawsuit alleging that it broke federal commodities laws.
- Are Bitcoin companies sifting customers’ deposits for rare satoshis?
- Casino operators with ties to Tether, Wirecard busted for money laundering
- Binance invested heavily in lobbying before guilty plea
- Top Binance exec Noah Perlman’s ties to Epstein, Moonstone, and Gemini
- CFTC demands Coinbase user data in suspected Bybit probe
- Tether gives FBI peek behind the curtain
- Binance card withdrawals have been down for a week
- HTX hacked week after Poloniex — now Justin Sun only posts as AI
- Binance and CZ plead guilty but SEC lawsuit remains