Coinbase says it will pay $50 million to tie up the investigation and the same amount again to bring its compliance programs up to standard.
Many legal firms are now helping divorcing couples to make sure their settlements are all present and correct by tracking down hidden crypto.
According to filings, FTX owes at least $100 million to each of its 10 biggest creditors with the top 50 owed upwards of $20 million.
Ripple denies that XRP qualifies as a security because sales of the token never included an investment contract. The SEC disputes this.
South Korean authorities have asked OKX and KuCoin to freeze 3,300 bitcoins after Kwon created a new wallet and started to transfer funds.
- Opinion: Charles Hoskinson would be the worst thing to happen to CoinDesk
- Binance admits it commingled customer funds with token reserves
- BBC chair linked to Russian crypto firm faces inquiry over BoJo loan
- Federal Home Loan Banks are bailing out crypto
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?