CZ’s guilty plea and trip to surrender to the US Justice Department was widely publicized as voluntarily cooperative. But was it?
Here is a look back at all the newsworthy events in 2023 for the world’s largest crypto exchange, Binance.
Binance will disgorge $1.35B in “ill-gotten transaction fees” and pay $1.35B to the CFTC while CZ will pay a $150M civil monetary penalty.
The day CZ announced a settlement with the DoJ and several US agencies, he posted a potentially problematic statement.
In its post about CZ’s departure, Binance US listed all the agencies it doesn’t have beef with — but left out the SEC’s enforcement action.
- Is USDC preparing for a Justin Sun sanction?
- Executive texts claim Deltec moved customer funds from FTX to Alameda
- SBF is a convicted fraudster but is he also SushiSwap’s infamous Chef Nomi?
- FTX bankruptcy firm Sullivan & Cromwell tipped for Binance monitor role
- Craig Wright remembers smashing Satoshi’s hard drive while on sedatives
- Joe Biden’s laser eyes more ‘Dark Brandon’ than Bitcoin
- Chris Dixon offers NFT with his ‘bestseller’ — 264 of 5,000 have been claimed
- Franklin Templeton ditches laser eyes a month after bitcoin ETF approval
- Opinion: How a16z gamed the NYT Best Seller list