A stoic Sam Bankman-Fried sat down after the verdict, changed his mind, and hovered half-out of his chair as if looking for direction.
Jurors are set to begin deliberations in the trial of Sam Bankman-Fried — but will they entertain his story and claims of ignorance?
In cross-examination, FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried came off as evasive — to the point that Judge Kaplan called him out.
Sam Bankman-Fried’s defense team and its scattergun approach have left him open to an expansive cross-examination by prosecutors.
Bankman-Fried crumbled under cross-examination, stumbling, mumbling, avoiding questions, and saying he “did not recall” key details.
- Binance invested heavily in lobbying before guilty plea
- Top Binance exec Noah Perlman’s ties to Epstein, Moonstone, and Gemini
- CFTC demands Coinbase user data in suspected Bybit probe
- Tether gives FBI peek behind the curtain
- Binance card withdrawals have been down for a week
- HTX hacked week after Poloniex — now Justin Sun only posts as AI
- Binance and CZ plead guilty but SEC lawsuit remains
- Tether sent $1B to UK firm owned by prominent Conservative donor
- M2: Did Mr. Wonderful endorse the next FTX?