Prosecutors claim CZ poses a flight risk because most of his wealth is outside the country and the UAE has no extradition deal with the US.
CZ entered a plea deal that will see him pay $50 million for violations of the Bank Secrecy Act and $150 million to settle a CFTC lawsuit.
Changpeng Zhao took to Twitter Spaces for an AMA where he spent much of his time discussing stablecoins including Tether, TUSD, and FDUSD.
Binance sources told Protos that staff were instructed to tell users in restricted locations to use the P2P marketplace and deposit crypto.
Binance was indicted by the SEC in June and was accused of commingling funds into accounts at entities run by Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao.
- Is USDC preparing for a Justin Sun sanction?
- Executive texts claim Deltec moved customer funds from FTX to Alameda
- SBF is a convicted fraudster but is he also SushiSwap’s infamous Chef Nomi?
- FTX bankruptcy firm Sullivan & Cromwell tipped for Binance monitor role
- Craig Wright remembers smashing Satoshi’s hard drive while on sedatives
- Joe Biden’s laser eyes more ‘Dark Brandon’ than Bitcoin
- Chris Dixon offers NFT with his ‘bestseller’ — 264 of 5,000 have been claimed
- Franklin Templeton ditches laser eyes a month after bitcoin ETF approval
- Opinion: How a16z gamed the NYT Best Seller list