Australian regulators were investigating FTX for inappropriate conduct before the collapse of the exchange last year.
The Charity Commission is probing Effective Ventures Foundation, which received money from Future Fund, the charitable arm of FTX.
Conspiracy theorist Maram Susli, known as Syrian Girl, asked for donations to block a Jewish newspaper from writing an article about her.
Alameda Research CEO Sam Bankman-Fried routed more than $400 million worth of FTX customer deposits to a number of ex-Jane Street traders.
The most interesting reads, podcasts, charts, and opinions from the internet this weekend — curated for you by the Protos newsroom.
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?
- Scoop: More Genesis creditors say crypto lender duped them
- Binance’s stablecoin BUSD hasn’t always been 1:1 backed, report
- Scoop: Larry Summers gives up advisory role at crypto firm DCG amid criticism
- Genesis pressure mounts as Cameron Winklevoss threatens Barry Silbert