Dutch central bank De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) has slapped Coinbase with a hefty fine for failing to register for two years.
Nikhil Wahi confessed to making trades using information passed to him by his brother, a Coinbase product manager.
Armstrong says that Coinbase needs to reduce expenses to increase its chances of doing well in every scenario.
Coinbase says it will pay $50 million to tie up the investigation and the same amount again to bring its compliance programs up to standard.
Brian Armstrong says he’s bullish on crypto, but eyebrows were raised when it was revealed he’s sold all of his Coinbase common stock.
- Opinion: Charles Hoskinson would be the worst thing to happen to CoinDesk
- Binance admits it commingled customer funds with token reserves
- BBC chair linked to Russian crypto firm faces inquiry over BoJo loan
- Federal Home Loan Banks are bailing out crypto
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?