Europol arrested a 29-year-old accused of making $2 million from mining crypto while passing on the bill to hacked cloud providers.
The Russian spy ring monitored and sabotaged critical infrastructure for the invasion of Ukraine in exchange for crypto.
The former chief of Ukraine’s cyber security agency allegedly embezzled $1.7M in state funds and must hand over $1.5M in USDT and BTC.
Alongside rising rates of crypto crime, Ukraine has also lost $81 million in taxes in the past 10 years through unregulated crypto exchanges.
It’s alleged that the man committed treason by sending crypto to buy ammunition, medical equipment, drones, and infrared rifle scopes.
- Is USDC preparing for a Justin Sun sanction?
- Executive texts claim Deltec moved customer funds from FTX to Alameda
- SBF is a convicted fraudster but is he also SushiSwap’s infamous Chef Nomi?
- FTX bankruptcy firm Sullivan & Cromwell tipped for Binance monitor role
- Craig Wright remembers smashing Satoshi’s hard drive while on sedatives
- Joe Biden’s laser eyes more ‘Dark Brandon’ than Bitcoin
- Chris Dixon offers NFT with his ‘bestseller’ — 264 of 5,000 have been claimed
- Franklin Templeton ditches laser eyes a month after bitcoin ETF approval
- Opinion: How a16z gamed the NYT Best Seller list