The Thai man was eventually arrested after a six-hour standoff with police, in what police say was domestic violence over bitcoin losses.
As part of an investigation into the suspects, Thailand’s Anti-Money Laundering Office has seized property worth 585 million baht ($16.5M).
After pushback from local industry insiders, Thailand has dropped its plans for a 15% crypto tax that would’ve penalized traders.
- Binance invested heavily in lobbying before guilty plea
- Top Binance exec Noah Perlman’s ties to Epstein, Moonstone, and Gemini
- CFTC demands Coinbase user data in suspected Bybit probe
- Tether gives FBI peek behind the curtain
- Binance card withdrawals have been down for a week
- HTX hacked week after Poloniex — now Justin Sun only posts as AI
- Binance and CZ plead guilty but SEC lawsuit remains
- Tether sent $1B to UK firm owned by prominent Conservative donor
- M2: Did Mr. Wonderful endorse the next FTX?