The exiled government of Myanmar has asked the US Federal Reserve to release $1 billion in frozen funds to issue its own crypto.
Myanmar’s military council is pushing to ban crypto one month after the country’s exiled government floated Tether as official tender.
Myanmar’s parallel government has deemed stablecoin Tether official currency amid violent clashes between citizens and military rulers.
- A look at Jump Crypto and its shady past
- We watched every SBF interview so you don’t have to
- Jump Crypto ties to FTX and Solana put Robinhood users at risk
- Political donations won’t save Bankman-Fried from investigation
- Can FTX tokenize its own bankruptcy?
- CZ on brink of second bailout for crypto
- Bahamian rhapsody: FTX users exploit loophole to withdraw crypto
- How the battle between Binance and FTX went from bad to worse
- This tool suggests Bitcoin was the wrong bet for Michael Saylor