It’s official: Justin Sun helps run Huobi and is a major shareholder. But why did it take this long for the company to admit it?
Rumors have been swirling about Huobi’s insolvency and employee cuts. Now, advisor Justin Sun confirms 20% of staff will be let go.
Sun has repeatedly denied that FTX chief Sam Bankman-Fried provided him the backing he needed to take over Huobi.
Chen Boliang is accused of accessing Huobi’s systems to fraudulently create a $20 million credit line with an account set up in his father’s name.
- Opinion: Charles Hoskinson would be the worst thing to happen to CoinDesk
- Binance admits it commingled customer funds with token reserves
- BBC chair linked to Russian crypto firm faces inquiry over BoJo loan
- Federal Home Loan Banks are bailing out crypto
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?