Ant Group has left the crypto chat. The fintech behemoth is selling its $100M stake in A&T Capital and looking to AI instead.
China’s contributions to crypto remain enough to move markets, despite consistent crackdowns and assurances from firms.
The crypto scam baited US victims into investing in manipulated crypto and forex trading sites while Chinese students legitimized the scheme.
In May, Chinese Binance users traded $90 billion of assets, accounting for 20% of the exchange’s total crypto volume.
Years before this latest Multichain arrest, Bitfinex shareholder Zhao Dong was jailed for money laundering and operating without a license.
- A deep dive into FTX’s lawsuit against Sam Bankman-Fried’s parents
- Meet the grifter cast of Killer Whales, ‘Web3’s answer to Shark Tank’
- Justin ‘T-Bills’ Sun prints $800M to himself
- Binance US still relies on Binance for custody through Ceffu
- Tether executives have brushed shoulders with crime since its inception
- Floor price of Stoner Cats NFTs up 250% after SEC action
- Soulja Boy and Austin Mahone lose to SEC, Justin Sun still to respond
- Fortress Trust says ‘no loss of funds’ as its customers’ crypto was stolen
- X keeps 99% of ad revenue from most creator payouts