Tether holding off on freezing funds is as close as any big player has come to taking a stand against sanctioning a legitimate privacy tool.
Knock-on effects continue from the US sanctions on Tornado Cash. Free speech advocates even plan to challenge the US Treasury in court.
As a result of OFAC sanctions from the US Treasury, it’s now illegal for Americans to use Tornado Cash. Its website is going down worldwide.
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?
- Scoop: More Genesis creditors say crypto lender duped them
- Binance’s stablecoin BUSD hasn’t always been 1:1 backed, report
- Scoop: Larry Summers gives up advisory role at crypto firm DCG amid criticism
- Genesis pressure mounts as Cameron Winklevoss threatens Barry Silbert