Interpol is now training law enforcement officers in the metaverse, in anticipation of exponentially growing cybercrime.
The metaverse bubble burst in 2022. Virtual land trading volumes have declined 98% and tokens have lost two-thirds of their value YTD.
Former employee Frances Haugen told Politico that Meta hasn’t learned from its mistakes and runs the risk of repeating Facebook’s “harms.”
Citi analysts’ latest metaverse report is bullish on adoption, estimating the industry could reach $13 trillion by 2030.
Sneaker resale platform StockX is being sued by Nike over a series of NFTs the sportswear giant says could harm its reputation.
- Opinion: Charles Hoskinson would be the worst thing to happen to CoinDesk
- Binance admits it commingled customer funds with token reserves
- BBC chair linked to Russian crypto firm faces inquiry over BoJo loan
- Federal Home Loan Banks are bailing out crypto
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?