LND, a popular implementation of Bitcoin’s Lightning Network, has suffered another major vulnerability: unattributed payment routing.
Bitcoin Lightning Network researchers discovered a critical BTCD and LND bug, freezing funds inside the Lightning Network for a few hours.
Making offline Lightning payments to a Bitcoin user is difficult. Éclair has proposed trampoline relays to avoid custody.
Bitcoin Lightning Network node operators could advertise four standardized fees — a major upgrade to just using the gossip channel.
A new academic paper describes critical vulnerabilities with Bitcoin’s Lightning Network, including a possible double-spending problem.
- Opinion: Charles Hoskinson would be the worst thing to happen to CoinDesk
- Binance admits it commingled customer funds with token reserves
- BBC chair linked to Russian crypto firm faces inquiry over BoJo loan
- Federal Home Loan Banks are bailing out crypto
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?