Police in Finland can’t find Aleksanteri Kivimäki who is accused of blackmailing 30,000 psychotherapy patients for $500K in bitcoin.
Investigators in Finland say it was “very likely” that someone illegally sent XMR to Binance in a series of transactions involving a crime.
The accused Finnish man reportedly demanded 40 bitcoin from a psychotherapy center before blackmailing its patients out of more crypto.
Finnish customs made $48 million this summer from selling off 1,889 seized bitcoin but just a few months ago its stash was worth $130M.
The Finnish government has 1,981 Bitcoin in its possession and is looking to auction off 1,890, worth almost $75 million.
- Is USDC preparing for a Justin Sun sanction?
- Executive texts claim Deltec moved customer funds from FTX to Alameda
- SBF is a convicted fraudster but is he also SushiSwap’s infamous Chef Nomi?
- FTX bankruptcy firm Sullivan & Cromwell tipped for Binance monitor role
- Craig Wright remembers smashing Satoshi’s hard drive while on sedatives
- Joe Biden’s laser eyes more ‘Dark Brandon’ than Bitcoin
- Chris Dixon offers NFT with his ‘bestseller’ — 264 of 5,000 have been claimed
- Franklin Templeton ditches laser eyes a month after bitcoin ETF approval
- Opinion: How a16z gamed the NYT Best Seller list