The suit alleges defendants, which also include Terraform Labs, conned investors by failing to register tokens as securities with the SEC.
The UST co-founder was accused of siphoning off $2.7 billion in 33 monthly withdrawals of $80 million each.
A US Second Circuit court has rejected pleas by Terra LUNA’s founder Do Kwon to ignore a SEC subpoena he received last year.
- Explained: MicroStrategy’s margin call math
- BlockFi customers concerned it may have lent too much bitcoin to 3AC
- Customers fear Celsius insolvency as CEL token collapses
- History of Tether’s peg: Every time USDT traded above or below one dollar
- SEC probes Binance, Reuters finds billions in crypto washed via the exchange
- CFTC alleges Gemini cover-up: Execs funded market manipulation
- Weed & Bitcoin: Dad and son caught running $13M empire from Starbucks
- Turns out this tiny Bahamas bank is holding some of Tether’s reserves
- A complete timeline of Celsius’ relationship with Terra LUNA and Tether