Kwon’s lawyers also say the idea of him providing a written testimony is “inconsistent with his right to due process.”
The frozen assets were held in digital asset bank Sygnum and belonged to Kwon and other Terraform Labs executives.
Europe Now, projected to win Montenegro’s upcoming elections, has been tarnished with claims that Do Kwon financed the political party.
Do Kwon and former Terra executive Han Chang-Joon will remain in custody for the time being, despite both paying the required $400k bail.
Terra founder Do Kwon sent top law firm Kim & Chang $3 million that authorities hope to seize and use against him in their fraud case.
- Sources say Winklevoss twins withdrew $280M from Genesis before it collapsed
- Binance raises red flags by selling Russian arm to brand-new CommEX
- Tether is confused in Singapore
- A look inside Tocorón, Venezuela’s gang-run prison that mined bitcoin
- The beef between Circle and Tether
- A deep dive into FTX’s lawsuit against Sam Bankman-Fried’s parents
- Meet the grifter cast of Killer Whales, ‘Web3’s answer to Shark Tank’
- Justin ‘T-Bills’ Sun prints $800M to himself
- Binance US still relies on Binance for custody through Ceffu