After years of attempting to launch a stablecoin for Meta (formerly Facebook), David Marcus has adopted Bitcoin and its Lightning Network.
Former employee Frances Haugen told Politico that Meta hasn’t learned from its mistakes and runs the risk of repeating Facebook’s “harms.”
Tech mogul Marc Andreessen is Meta’s longest-serving board member. But his penchant for web3 competitors is becoming a problem.
- Richard Heart and the curious launch of Hex, Pulse, and PulseX
- Explained: The battle for crypto regulation in the US
- Here’s what you need to know about Ethereum 2.0’s Merge
- Celsius influencers push dubious ‘CEL short squeeze’ strategy
- Binance deliberately skirted US sanctions to serve Iran users, says Reuters
- Grayscale lawsuit against SEC escalates the GBTC hostage crisis
- Storm-hit Marathon Digital plugs remaining bitcoin miners into third-party pool
- Explained: Why crypto cares about MicroStrategy margin calls
- Disgraced UK minister Matt Hancock rebrands as crypto bro