The world’s largest central bank has unveiled instant, irreversible, 24/7 interbank settlement of USD. But FedNow hasn’t killed crypto yet.
The launch of FedNow, which will offer 24/7 payments, means many crypto projects may need to rethink their differentiated value propositions.
When the Federal Reserve launches FedNow in July, it will supplant most blockchains with cheap, reliable, instant, irreversible settlements.
- Binance invested heavily in lobbying before guilty plea
- Top Binance exec Noah Perlman’s ties to Epstein, Moonstone, and Gemini
- CFTC demands Coinbase user data in suspected Bybit probe
- Tether gives FBI peek behind the curtain
- Binance card withdrawals have been down for a week
- HTX hacked week after Poloniex — now Justin Sun only posts as AI
- Binance and CZ plead guilty but SEC lawsuit remains
- Tether sent $1B to UK firm owned by prominent Conservative donor
- M2: Did Mr. Wonderful endorse the next FTX?