According to two investment tracking websites, Michael Saylor and Nayib Bukele are a combined $1.75B down on their bitcoin investments.
Bukele was responding to the Bank of England’s concerns that users might not be prepared for just how volatile its price could be.
El Salvador’s government has accumulated $24 billion in debt since 1979 and the IMF predicts it will owe $38 billion within five years.
Luis Alexander Rivas Samayoa’s arrest for contempt is just the latest indication that El Salvador is creeping toward total authoritarianism.
El Salvador said it wanted to launch its $1 billion Bitcoin bond in March. Now, it might not hit markets until September.
- The curious case of FTX and Farmington State Bank, aka Moonstone
- Grayscale Bitcoin Trust and its ties to crypto meltdowns
- Pressured bitcoin miners can’t sell the dip fast enough
- Helium founder races cars while the crypto startup is on collision course
- A look at Jump Crypto and its shady past
- We watched every SBF interview so you don’t have to
- Jump Crypto ties to FTX and Solana put Robinhood users at risk
- Political donations won’t save Bankman-Fried from investigation
- Can FTX tokenize its own bankruptcy?