The downfalls of major firms like FTX and BlockFi have led Visa and Mastercard to postpone a number of crypto-related products and services.
Financials published by mistake showed that BlockFi has over $1.2B tied to FTX and Alameda — way more than the $1.02B previously claimed.
Alongside the $275 million from FTX, BlockFi is also owed $54 million from bitcoin miner Core Scientific — but it hasn’t called in that debt.
Core holds 24 bitcoin and $26.6M in cash but has more than $1B in outstanding liabilities, including an $80M loan from BlockFi.
BlockFi says it no longer invests in GBTC as a corporation at all and is merely working on settling some loans that used GBTC as collateral.
- Binance card withdrawals have been down for a week
- HTX hacked week after Poloniex — now Justin Sun only posts as AI
- Binance and CZ plead guilty but SEC lawsuit remains
- Tether sent $1B to UK firm owned by prominent Conservative donor
- M2: Did Mr. Wonderful endorse the next FTX?
- Binance has $3.9 billion in USDT on the move
- Poloniex hacked — all my low liquidity coins gone
- Australia forces Binance to pay users after law-breaking
- The main Bitcoin-dev mailing list might cease operating next month