Alongside the $275 million from FTX, BlockFi is also owed $54 million from bitcoin miner Core Scientific — but it hasn’t called in that debt.
Core holds 24 bitcoin and $26.6M in cash but has more than $1B in outstanding liabilities, including an $80M loan from BlockFi.
- Tether executives have brushed shoulders with crime since its inception
- Floor price of Stoner Cats NFTs up 250% after SEC action
- Soulja Boy and Austin Mahone lose to SEC, Justin Sun still to respond
- Fortress Trust says ‘no loss of funds’ as its customers’ crypto was stolen
- X keeps 99% of ad revenue from most creator payouts
- David Bailey accuses Barry Silbert of using customer funds to pump GBTC
- Joseph Bankman warned Scaramucci about FTX
- Family office Nima Capital unofficially exits from Synapse token
- Another Binance executive jumps ship amid regulatory woes