The BBC article cited a “study” by Alex de Vries that kicked up a frenzy on crypto Twitter, with critics pointing to unfair methodologies.
Bitcoin mining, cannabis farming, and the cost-of-living crisis have all contributed to record levels of electricity theft, the BBC found.
- Binance card withdrawals have been down for a week
- HTX hacked week after Poloniex — now Justin Sun only posts as AI
- Binance and CZ plead guilty but SEC lawsuit remains
- Tether sent $1B to UK firm owned by prominent Conservative donor
- M2: Did Mr. Wonderful endorse the next FTX?
- Binance has $3.9 billion in USDT on the move
- Poloniex hacked — all my low liquidity coins gone
- Australia forces Binance to pay users after law-breaking
- The main Bitcoin-dev mailing list might cease operating next month