Silvergate lost nearly $1 billion in Q4 2022 alone as customers realized that FTX was once its biggest client.
Investors in Silvergate have lost almost everything after the company failed to protect FTX customer money from Alameda.
With a hawkish Fed and structural risks affecting crypto markets, short-sellers may feel they can short the industry’s weakest links.
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?
- Scoop: More Genesis creditors say crypto lender duped them
- Binance’s stablecoin BUSD hasn’t always been 1:1 backed, report
- Scoop: Larry Summers gives up advisory role at crypto firm DCG amid criticism
- Genesis pressure mounts as Cameron Winklevoss threatens Barry Silbert