Scott Purcell has resigned as CEO of Fortress Trust after Ripple backed away from its acquisition of the firm.
No reason has been given for abandoning the Fortress acquisition but Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse said that his firm will remain an investor.
Fortress Trust claimed no funds were lost following a $15M crypto hack now revealed by CoinDesk to have occurred through Retool.
Fortress Trust claimed that its hack resulted in “no loss of funds,” but Ripple statements say the acquisition will make “customers whole.”
- Is USDC preparing for a Justin Sun sanction?
- Executive texts claim Deltec moved customer funds from FTX to Alameda
- SBF is a convicted fraudster but is he also SushiSwap’s infamous Chef Nomi?
- FTX bankruptcy firm Sullivan & Cromwell tipped for Binance monitor role
- Craig Wright remembers smashing Satoshi’s hard drive while on sedatives
- Joe Biden’s laser eyes more ‘Dark Brandon’ than Bitcoin
- Chris Dixon offers NFT with his ‘bestseller’ — 264 of 5,000 have been claimed
- Franklin Templeton ditches laser eyes a month after bitcoin ETF approval
- Opinion: How a16z gamed the NYT Best Seller list