Scott Purcell has resigned as CEO of Fortress Trust after Ripple backed away from its acquisition of the firm.
No reason has been given for abandoning the Fortress acquisition but Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse said that his firm will remain an investor.
According to Swan Bitcoin CEO Cory Klippsten, Ripple perpetrated “a criminal game of securities fraud.” Then Ripple bought Swan’s custodian.
The SEC has asked Judge Analisa Torres for interlocutory review and her permission to appeal two rulings that favored Ripple and XRP.
A judge in the SEC v. Terraform case has rejected reasoning from a recent Ripple ruling that differentiated between types of sales.
- Binance card withdrawals have been down for a week
- HTX hacked week after Poloniex — now Justin Sun only posts as AI
- Binance and CZ plead guilty but SEC lawsuit remains
- Tether sent $1B to UK firm owned by prominent Conservative donor
- M2: Did Mr. Wonderful endorse the next FTX?
- Binance has $3.9 billion in USDT on the move
- Poloniex hacked — all my low liquidity coins gone
- Australia forces Binance to pay users after law-breaking
- The main Bitcoin-dev mailing list might cease operating next month