A Crypto.com spokesperson said that its decision on Tether was made “in accordance with instructions from the Ontario Securities Commission.”
Tether has repeatedly promised complete transparency and to get itself audited. Neither of these things has happened but does anybody care?
Binance will sell customers’ balances of USDC, USDP, and TUSD into Binance’s stablecoin, BUSD, by September 29.
The European Central Bank and the Bank for International Settlements both say stablecoins pose a potential threat to financial stability.
The IMF is warning investors about so-called “algorithmic” stablecoins ⏤ which are often unstable and not meaningfully algorithmic.
- The deep ties between Binance, Bitzlato, and darknet market Hydra
- Silvergate in crisis: Billions withdrawn, liquidations and losses mount
- Why Serbia makes sense for crypto fugitive Do Kwon
- How many times will Alameda Research liquidators get liquidated?
- What’s happening with Binance’s $2 billion recovery fund?
- Scoop: More Genesis creditors say crypto lender duped them
- Binance’s stablecoin BUSD hasn’t always been 1:1 backed, report
- Scoop: Larry Summers gives up advisory role at crypto firm DCG amid criticism
- Genesis pressure mounts as Cameron Winklevoss threatens Barry Silbert