Newly-launched ‘synthetic dollar’ Ethena says it’s banking on using CEX liquidity rather than the less popular decentralized exchanges.
TrueUSD has de-pegged across both centralized exchanges and DeFi after switching accounting firms for attestations.
At the end of 2023, algorithmic stablecoins are out, US-based stablecoins are shrinking, and international ones like Tether are exploding.
A few weeks after US Secret Service and FBI agents began surveilling USDT wallets, Tether announced “voluntary” sanctions compliance.
Nepalese smugglers reportedly moved 33kg of gold from China in flour sacks packed by children before selling it for $16 million USDT.
- Is USDC preparing for a Justin Sun sanction?
- Executive texts claim Deltec moved customer funds from FTX to Alameda
- SBF is a convicted fraudster but is he also SushiSwap’s infamous Chef Nomi?
- FTX bankruptcy firm Sullivan & Cromwell tipped for Binance monitor role
- Craig Wright remembers smashing Satoshi’s hard drive while on sedatives
- Joe Biden’s laser eyes more ‘Dark Brandon’ than Bitcoin
- Chris Dixon offers NFT with his ‘bestseller’ — 264 of 5,000 have been claimed
- Franklin Templeton ditches laser eyes a month after bitcoin ETF approval
- Opinion: How a16z gamed the NYT Best Seller list