CRV tokens that Michael Egorov sold to avoid liquidation of his debt were briefly sent to Binance, briefly dropping their price.
Curve reportedly sent the hacker a message telling them they could keep 10% of the stolen funds if they returned the rest.
Michael Egorov has sold over 39 million CRV tokens in OTC deals to protect against his huge loan position being liquidated.
Mango markets attacker Avraham Eisenberg was thwarted in his attempts to crash CRV when eagle-eyed DeFi users pumped the asset 40%.
- Tether executives have brushed shoulders with crime since its inception
- Floor price of Stoner Cats NFTs up 250% after SEC action
- Soulja Boy and Austin Mahone lose to SEC, Justin Sun still to respond
- Fortress Trust says ‘no loss of funds’ as its customers’ crypto was stolen
- X keeps 99% of ad revenue from most creator payouts
- David Bailey accuses Barry Silbert of using customer funds to pump GBTC
- Joseph Bankman warned Scaramucci about FTX
- Family office Nima Capital unofficially exits from Synapse token
- Another Binance executive jumps ship amid regulatory woes